Finding the right Connecticut DJ for your wedding isn’t an easy task (I know from first hand experience) so I was relieved to meet DJ Tommy, owner ofÂ Celebration Entertainment.
Not only are his prices AMAZING (you can even choose how much you want to save), but the reviews about them are too: we’ve hadÂ 68 brides here review him and his average is a full 5 stars! Â Booking is a breeze – one phone call with Tommy and he will answer any questions or concerns you may have without making you feel pressured (I’ve had some DJ’s literally stalk me lol, this is NOT the case with him). Once you’ve paid your deposit and signed your contract, the fun begins — you can start reviewing song selection!Â Their searchable Music Database is helpful in narrowing down requests or do-not plays (we all have those songs we just hate!) and he keeps an updated list of the Top 200 most requested songs to make it easy for you to pick things all of your guests will enjoy.
In my search to find the perfect DJ for my wedding, I discovered that some DJ’s don’t even takeÂ requestsÂ on site, OR allow you to be a part of the music selection process. This just blows my mind, so you can imagine how relieved I was to find this is not the case with Celebration Entertainment, employing a state of the art WIFI Mp3 /CD System, these DJ’s can even download and play music on demand! Their music library is virtually UNLIMITED!
If you haven’t booked a DJ yet for your wedding, get on it ASAP even if it is 12+ months away! I had no idea how far in advance DJ’s get booked up, so I was very fortunate that they had an opening and were able to get me in 7 months before my wedding date. The best DJ’s always book out early.
Things to look for in a Connecticut DJ:
- Good personality: You want someone that is going to be fun, outgoing, and above all, friendly and approachable at your wedding! Look for someone you can have a good conversation with.
- Experience: Find someone whose business speaks for itself; someone with years of experience andÂ clienteleÂ that give rave reviews.
- Booking– It should be easy to book the DJ with a quick and easy online payment . Some DJ’s charge extra for the convenience so be sure to find one that does not (Celebration Entertainment doesn’t).
- Flexibility: Someone that allows you to be a part of the planning process — it is your day after all!
- Payment options: Look for someone who has an array of payment options and can meet your budgetary needs. Just because someone costs more or has a fancy Bridal Show booth, does not necessarily mean they will be a better DJ.
- Back-up plan: I knew in my search that I wanted someone that was part of a group (a company with more than one DJ). I had a friend once whose DJ got sick the day of her wedding, and it was a total nightmare. I like the security of knowing there is someone else that can step in if need be.
I will keep you posted every step of the way, but I am so excited to have Â DJ Tommy from Celebration Entertainment DJing my wedding and hope you can book Celebration Entertainment too, or find someone you are just as excited about!