1. Chamard Vineyards– This unique vineyard is sure to catch the attention of those looking for a classic New England wedding. The vineyard’s beautiful main building features beautiful field stones direct from the property, and inside, sweeping views of the 20 acres of farmland can be seen from the custom built bar in the tasting room. Chamard can accommodate small ceremonies of under 20 people or larger weddings of up to 150 guests. Not only does Chamard offer a picturesque setting, the vineyard will address your every need with in-house catering, staff, and a personal point of contact for all of your wedding needs. We can definitely see a stunning wedding in your future at Chamard Vineyards! In fact, a Chamard wedding made our list of Top Weddings of 2014!
2. Connecticut Valley Winery– Located in New Hartford, Connecticut Valley Winery is a gorgeous venue for your ceremony. With several acres of farm land and a charming main building, the winery has something to offer everyone who walks through their doors. Connecticut Valley is family owned, and the lovely owners work hard to maintain the dignity and grace of this special winery. With a stunning location and passionate owners, Connecticut Valley Winery is sure to be a fantastic space for your big day.
3. Haight-Brown Vineyards– Haight-Brown, New England’s very first winery, offers a gorgeous, rustic setting for your nuptials. The stunning vineyard is perfect for an intimate setting and can accommodate up to 100 guests. You will have access to the entire indoor space, and thus, the venue specifically offers evening weddings after the vineyard has closed to the public. The terrace upstairs offers a beautiful view of the grounds while the patio down below allows guests a perfect location to enjoy wine during the reception. Haight-Brown typically hosts very few weddings per year and generally only for friends of the vineyard, so try to contact this insanely gorgeous venue early in your planning.
4. Hopkins Vineyard– This family owned and operated vineyard is perfect for those seeking a romantic, pastoral wedding. The outdoor vineyard site features a lovely stonewall, beautiful wildflowers, and an idyllic, wisteria covered arbor. The venue is so incredible that a wedding hosted there was one of our top weddings in 2014! Tents, which can accommodate up to 175 guests, are required for the venue, and the rental of the outside vineyard space is $2,300. If you’re seeking a more cozy, indoor area, Hopkins Vineyard offers access to their entire winery after hours until 10:30pm, and the dual-level space is perfect for up to 95 of your closest friends and family. The cost of the entire winery is $1,000. At Hopkins, outside food and drink is welcome though they do have a preferred caterer. As an added bonus, if you decide to serve wine on the big day, Hopkins grants guests 15% off cases! With such varied and stunningly beautiful options, Hopkins could just be the perfect venue for you.
5. Jerram Winery– Situated in rolling hill, Jerram provides a glorious view and lush setting for your wedding. Jerram was founded in 1998, the winery considers itself a “farm winery” giving it a special touch not often seen in other venues. Depending on which season you choose to host your wedding, Jerram may be experiencing their growing season, giving you and your guests unfettered views of nature at its finest. Contacting Jerram regarding your special event is also incredibly easy, but be sure to contact them soon because a space this stunning is sure to be booked up fast!
6. Jonathan Edwards Winery– Located on a hilltop, the view from the Jonathan Edwards Winery is nothing short of spectacular. Located in the town of Stonington, Connecticut, the winery is close to many area attractions for your out of town guests. The winery closes to the public at 5:30pm and your special evening begins. Whether you’re seeking an indoor or outdoor wedding, the winery can accommodate up to 200 guests and works specifically with three area caterers who will handle all of your food, staffing and rental needs. This venue is truly one that grants a couple a unique, elegant, and inclusive experience.
7. Maugle Sierra Vineyards– Whether you’re seeking an intimate setting or a large ceremony, Maugle Sierra Vineyards is able to accommodate your every need. The vineyard offers a variety of settings whether you desire a scenic tent wedding overlooking their St. Croix vineyard or a cozy, indoor affair in the Sierra Tasting Room. At Maugle Sierra, your day will be customizable as you will be able to choose your own caterer and other service providers. The vineyard, however, does partner with three, community vendors familiar with their venue, and to help your day go smoothly, the vineyard provides a suggested schedule for your big day. Reservations are for the entire day, 10:00am until 10:00pm, and pricing varies on your choice of venue. The Crush Pad and Lawn Site Fee is $3250.00 while the Sierra Room and Deck Site Fee is $3,500.00. The Sierra Room and deck is available May 1st-November 20th. The St. Croix Vineyard Ceremony site is $500. With pastoral views, beautiful indoor venues, and assistance with all of your needs, Maugle Sierra is a great location for Connecticut brides.
8. McLaughlin Vineyards– Located in Newtown, Connecticut, McLaughlin is a gem of a venue for the stunning scenery and for the wonderful, inclusive help with planning your ceremony. Several options exist for a ceremony and reception space. Located near the center of the grounds is gorgeous tree under which your ceremony may take place. Don’t worry too much about inclement weather, in case of rain, McLaughlin arranges for your ceremony to take place under a tented area. Once your ceremony has concluded, celebrate the night away under a stylishly decorated wedding tent. Reservations require a purchase of 3-4 crates of wine from the vineyard, but with the wide selection of wine that McLaughlin offers, having their wine at your wedding is no imposition. This vineyard venue can accommodate upwards of 200 people, and you’ll be working closely with McLaughlin’s chosen catering company to arrange all the specifics for the number of people in attendance to celebrate your special day. Prices depend on catering choices, such as glass or hard plastic, grilled items or hot entrees, and wedding are commonly scheduled for five hours with a hour cocktail hour included. Typically, pricing, for between 150-200 people, should be around $90 per person.
9. Preston Ridge Vineyard– Preston Ridge Vineyard is not short on charm. The expansive, wrap around deck overlooks the lush, incredible vineyard providing a captivating backdrop for you and your guests on the special day. As the name suggests, the venue is bordered by a ridge and natural forests giving you privacy for an incredibly intimate touch to your ceremony. Preston Ridge works with three area caters, and if you decide to partner with one of them, their staff will provide all-inclusive support for your big day, including rentals and staffing. Whether you’re seeking a small, indoor space such as their tasting room and deck or a grand affair outdoors on the grounds, Preston Ridge can ensure that your day is a special one. The vineyard’s tasting room and deck can host 50 guests, and the rental fee is $2000. A larger ceremony and reception space will utilize the tasting room, deck, and a tent for a $3000 rental fee. All rental fees will also include knowledgable, helpful winery staff, parking attendants, and access to a dressing suite during the day.
10. Priam Vineyards– A wedding at Priam Vineyards is an event that will feel special, unique, and provide you a virtually carefree planning experience. Priam’s uniqueness comes in its ability to offer you a multitude of wedding packages to choose from that include catering, staff, and wedding experts who will help your special day go off without a hitch. Don’t let the idea of a packaged wedding fool you. Priam offers customizable details that will give your ceremony a special, intimate touch, and the venue is able to accommodate anywhere from 75-500 guests. For those who are looking for a more sustainable venue, Priam is the first winery in New England that is completely solar powered, and the farm has even been declared a natural bird and wildlife habitat. Priam desires to preserve the natural beauty of the spectacular hilltop on which it is nestled. Vineyard sites include Sugar Maple Lane, which features views of up to 35 miles, a quaint tree swing, and the option of a gazebo or chuppa for your ceremony, and the Bluebird Pasture where a tent to fit all your guest can be set up for your reception as you celebrate your perfect day. Pricing for Priam depends on several factors and will be discussed in depth at the time of your initial meeting with a wedding planner, but schedule your appointment soon. With all that Priam has to offer, dates are sure to be limited. If you’re interested in checking out more of what Priam has to offer, be sure to take a look at this Real Connecticut Wedding in this gorgeous vineyard venue with photos from Kevin Kelley Photography.
11. Rosedale Farms & Vineyards– Though Rosedale is currently closed for the season, the vineyard is fantastically well equipped to provide you with all the information you need to start planning your special day. Rosedale is encircled by gorgeous, lush hills and forest views, but perhaps the most unique aspect of this venue is the view of the Heublien Tower. The venue is also only 15 minutes from downtown Hartford, so if your out of town guests will have a lion’s share of hotels, restaurants, and shops to peruse both before and after the big day. Rosedale keeps all event procedures, guidelines, and reservation information on their website, making it simple for a bride-to-be’s initial stages of planning. A $500 deposit is required to secure your date, and the total balance for the event will need to be given to Rosedale two weeks before your big day. The site fee will include a 60’ x 60’ tent which can host 175 guests, generators, lights, tables and chairs, a grill, and two upscale portable bathrooms. The rest of your ceremony and reception needs will be at your discretion as you’ll be able to chose your own linens, caterer, and beverages. Rosedale, however, does ask that if you choose to serve wine that you make a selection from their vineyard. Details of pricing will depend on your ceremony needs and size, but all contact information is easily accessible on the Rosedale website. With concise, easy to access information and a beautiful vineyard, Rosedale appears to be a fantastic choice for your wedding.
12. Saltwater Farms– If stylish, contemporary elegance is what you’re seeking, look no further than Saltwater Farms. Saltwater has been featured in Today Style Real Weddings, New York Magazine, and was rated one of the top 50 Most Romantic Wedding Venues in the U.S by Brides Magazine. Plus, Saltwater Farms was featured as one of the Best Wedding Venues in Connecticut by wedding experts. Bordered by the Long Island Sound and tidal marshes, Saltwater Farms boosts spectacular views that are perfect for your romantic ceremony. Whether you’re seeking an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception, the vineyard can host 180+ guests as well as smaller ceremonies. In season (May-October) rates for reception spaces at the vineyard vary based on which day you’re seeking to reserve the venue. Friday rates being at $8500, Saturday costs are $12,000, and a Sunday date will begin at $7,500. Off season rates are a bit less with Friday beginning at $7,500, Saturday at $8,500, and Sunday at $6,500. Included in these rates are a staff member(s) to ensure everything about your day goes wonderfully as well as fifteen 60” tables, fifteen 8” tables, and 200 white folding chairs. For an on-site ceremony, there is an additional $500 fee. The costs grant both you and your guests access to a bridal suite and access to all interior and exterior spaces. If you desired a tented wedding, there is also a custom-designed tent that can be placed on the stunning terrace for $1500. The vineyard is leased for six hours from 4pm until 10pm to give you ample time to enjoy all the vineyard has to offer. Saltwater’s uniqueness comes in the form of style. With a contemporary, chic setting, the venue is unlike most vineyards in the area who boast a more bucolic setting.
13. Stonington Vineyards– Located on 58 acres of vines and expansive land, Stonington Vineyards can offer a you a simply beautiful wedding. You’ll be able to watch the sunset over the hills while your guests celebrate you and your joyous day. Two venue choices exist at Stonington. The Veranda and Gazebo will grant you a spectacular view of the vines as you walk down the aisle, or you may choose to have your ceremony among the grapes themselves, allowing natural beauty to be a focal point of your wedding. The vineyard typically works with two local caterers that are familiar with their venue, and the venue also provides you with a list of preferred vendors.
14. White Silo Winery– If you’re one to day dream about times gone by, then White Silo may be the perfect vineyard. The winery began as a dairy farm, and the family who purchased the land wanted to preserve the original intent of land. The converted barn houses both the wine production and the tasting room. The winery has a full commercial kitchen, and typical menus consist of farm to table fare. Pricing for White Silo depends on the number of guests but can range between $75-$100 per person. Tent and table rentals are not included, but if you’d like, White Silo can assist you in your rental search. The history of White Silo is quite unique, and gives the winery a sense of charm that is hard to find at other vineyard venues.