Throwing a wedding in Connecticut is an expensive venture and it requires a lot of planning. It also requires the coordination of many different vendors to make sure that everything goes off without a hitch. Here is how much you can expect to pay your different Connecticut wedding vendors for your big day.
Apparel can add up quickly, especially if you want something special. The average cost of a wedding dress is about $1,000, while the average cost of a tuxedo rental is $200. Donâ€™t forget the veil for about another $100, and jewelry (which can vary).
The bride will want to make sure her hair and makeup is done for her wedding. This will cost about $75 for hair and $75 for makeup, but prices vary by location.
Almost every wedding has a DJ or other music. A wedding DJ will typically run about $1,000 to $1,500 dollars, while a live band will be about $2,000 or more. If you want cellist or pianist for your actual wedding, that will be about $500.
Wedding flowers can add up quickly, especially depending on how much you want to decorate your venue. Here are some common floral prices:
- Corsages – $100
- Bridal Bouquet – $125
- Bridesmaid Bouquets – $150
- Ceremony Flower Arrangements and Decorations – $500
- Reception Decorations – $350
- Table Centerpieces – $300
The paper goods for a wedding can also add up quickly:
- Save the Date Cards: $100
- Invitations and Reply Cards: $250
- Postage – $100
- Programs – $100
- Guest Book – $50
- Menus – $100
- Table Place Cards – $75
- â€¢Thank You Cards – $75
The wedding venue is usually the most expensive part of the wedding:
- Ceremony Location – $1,200
- Officiator – $150
- Reception Location – $3,250
Some wedding venues have catering, while other donâ€™t.
- Reception Catering – $4,500
- Reception Bar Service – $2,250
- Wedding Cake – $450
Depending on your location, there could be a variety of rentals youâ€™ll need:
- Limo – $450
- Ceremony Rentals – $200
- Reception Rentals – $1,500
- Shuttle for Guests – $1,500
Finally, donâ€™t forget one of the most important people who will document your big day, a wedding photographer:
- Wedding Photographer – $1,800
- Wedding Videographer – $1,000
- Prints – $250