Having a waterfront wedding is a great option for those who want to include the beauty of nature in their ceremony. A waterfront wedding leaves you with many options in terms of a venue and helps your narrow down the list of possible themes for the wedding. Weddings venues on the water in Connecticut vary greatly. They can be outside, they can be inside with large windows that allow your guests spectacular views, or they can be a combination of both. Connecticut offers beautiful beach, lake, and river locations for the wedding of your dreams. Whatever type of waterfront location you decide to choose, there are many great options for waterfront wedding venues in Connecticut. Below is a list of some great and best waterfront wedding venues in CT.
1. The Lake House. This new venue captured our attentions immediately when we heard the words “19 acres and a private lake.” As the weeks have rolled by and the renovations take place, we’ve grown confident that The Lake House is going to be one of the most premiere waterfront venues in the entire state! The stunning dining room offers views of the water from every seat and modern surround sound, the outdoor lawns are beautiful in every way, and the facility is fully-equipped and staffed for on-site catering, too. We definitely foresee many magical weddings taken place at The Lake House in the months to come!
2. Saybrook Point Inn & Spa. Serving guests for 130 years, Saybrook Point Inn & Spa undoubtedly knows a thing or two about creating magical experiences. But, the exceptional service isn’t the only thing to brag about — the location is phenomenal, too. Situated between the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River, this luxurious inn has docks filled with boats and views of the ocean that extend for miles and miles! Inside the inn itself, even more awaits — gorgeous private event spaces characterized with rich history, a delightful spa, superb dining, and more. In fact, you’d have to see this place to believe all they have to offer for weddings and parties, so, if you’re interested is peaked, be sure to schedule a tour to discover it all!
3. Saint Clements Castle & Marina. Overflowing with old world European charm, Saint Clements Castle & Marina is always a favorite of couples looking to marry in Connecticut. Inside the castle walls, glamorous spaces with rich history and architectural detail impress, and outside, a sunken garden, coastal views, and magical courtyards wow each and every visitor. If celebrating in a setting that’s home to both old world wonder and stunning natural scenery makes your heart go pitter-patter, then this unique old castle might just be the place for you special day!
5. The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station. A wedding reception luncheon or dinner at The Riverhouse promises to meet your distinct tastes in ambiance, decor and superb service; catered gourmet menu, table arrangements, dinnerware, crystal and silver, wines, liquors, hor d’oeuvres, bridal cake, desserts, floral arrangements, music, favors all in the privacy of your spacious banquet hall, your separate bridal suite. However unique the details of your special day, they’ll make every professional effort to reflect your personal vision of excellence.
6. The Mansion at Harkness State Park. This majestic venue is luxurious with views of Long Island Sound, Victorian specimen garden and tented patio. The sweeping lawn, with stately trees. The mansion is a Roman Renaissance Classical-style and boasts 42 rooms and included a pergola tearoom with hand painted floral murals. This venue is pure opulent magic and lends itself to grand design. The experts voted The Mansion at Harkness State Park the #1 wedding venue in Connecticut for a reason!
7. Waterview. Imagine a beautiful lakeside wedding venue with panoramic views. A sophisticated, elegantly appointed facility. A warm and welcoming atmosphere. Superb cuisine. An experienced, attentive staff. A longstanding reputation for excellence.
8. L’Escale Restaurant. This restaurant is located inside the Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel. With a French ambiance and views overlooking a dock filled with boats and yachts. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and has great views. The romantic feel of the restaurant makes this the perfect location for an intimate reception.
9. Candlewood Inn. Fresh and contemporary, and elegantly understated, The Candlewood Inn event venue resides on a private three acre parcel located directly on Candlewood Lake in Brookfield, CT. With 500 feet of uncluttered waterfront, your guests can sip cocktails on the terrace and then enjoy dinner in the dining room with spectacular lake views. When the stars come out, twinkling chandeliers and many original fixtures create an ambiance which is warm and festive.
10. The Inn at Longshore. For the couple seeking the country club feel, I love this venue’s ballroom. It offers gorgeous views of the sound and has the perfect cocktail hour setting right on the back lawn. Nothing says “New England Wedding” to me like the Inn at Longshore. Situated on the water, near the beach, you can sit in an Adirondack chair and watch the boats drift.
11. Pavilion on Crystal Lake. Set alongside Connecticut’s prized Crystal Lake, this remarkable venue is a beautiful setting for weddings with a more natural, rustic feel! Although the indoor aesthetic is similar to that of a romantic barn, the venue is known for possessing a more cozy, homey feel. Whether gathering your guests for inside for a reception filled with farm-fresh cuisine and a night of dancing under the ceiling draped with sparkling lights or an outdoor soiree under the stars, you’re in for a truly unforgettable wedding day when you choose the Pavilion!
12. The Riverview. If you’ve got your heart set on a glamorous setting that features a miraculous waterfront view, then look no further because The Riverview is for you. The second you set foot through the lobby doors, elegant touches flood your senses and continue to impress every step of the way to the venue’s grand ballroom, known especially for its crystal chandeliers, cathedral ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, marble dance floor! Outside, the The Riverview boasts of breathtaking water views, two private covered patios, which are just lovely for an outdoor ceremony, and perfectly manicured green lawns and a intimate gazebo. There’s no doubt about it — at this Connecticut venue you can have it all!
13. Anthony’s Ocean View. Forget flying to some exotic beach for your big day, you can have a wedding with a destination feel right here in Connecticut at Anthony’s Ocean View! As the name implies, this stunning venue and fine catering spot sits right on a beach filled with vibrant green palm trees. But that’s not all — this one-of-a-kind venue also has an excellent dining room and an incredible floral garden, so there’s plenty of space to celebrate, whether indoors or out!
14. Madison Beach Hotel. This resort style hotel (you must visit the relaxing spa at least once!) is a little piece of paradise. Sitting on beachfront property, the hotel is perfect for oceanside celebrations, ballroom banquets, and entertaining your guests all weekend long in an environment that’s relaxing, welcoming, and all about the finer things in life!
15. Lighthouse Point Park. Featuring an old lighthouse and a beautiful, working carousel, this beach park is an exceptional place to host your wedding day if you’re looking for a more casual setting with great views! Start the day off with a ceremony beside the old lighthouse or the carousel, host a reception under one of open pavilions, and then celebrate on the sandy beach until the sun sets behind the horizon — we guarantee you’ll love every moment.
16. Mystic Seaport. With 8 incredible spaces for your to host your ceremony and/or reception (yes, 8 — including restaurants, a church, a vast green lawn, a maritime gallery, a boat shed (pictured above) and more!), Mystic Seaport is a wonderful backdrop for a wedding day of any style. We personally adore this venue because it’s a chance to check out some beautiful boats, take in the ocean vista, and celebrate with your friends in family in a setting that’s overflowing with character, uniqueness, and charm!
17. Owenego Inn. Home to beautiful gardens, rolling lawns of green, green grass, and 500 feet of direct waterfront property, this family-owned historic inn is a picturesque place to enjoy your wedding day on the Long Island Sound. And, as one of the most highly-rated local venues, you can feel confident that you’re entrusting your wedding day with people who know a thing or two about planning an amazing celebration. From onsite catering to endless knowledge about the best local vendors, they’re right there by your side helping you from day one to big day!
When you’re planning your dream wedding in Connecticut, one thing becomes clear rather quickly — the state is busting at the seams with amazing venues, particularly waterfront venues. Whether you’re looking for a backdrop set on the coast or a cozy restaurant overlooking a rolling river, there’s definitely waiting somewhere just for you. But, the biggest trouble of all isn’t knowing what you want out of your wedding day setting, it’s figuring out exactly which venue is the one calling your name. It’s difficult to sort through them all, and it’s even harder to choose just one to book for your big day. But, we’re here to take a little stress off your shoulders and make the process much easier. So, take a deep breath, snuggle up, let the stress go, and join us in taking a look at 17 of our favorite waterfront venues in Connecticut! You never know… the waterfront wedding venue of your wildest imagination might be waiting just below.
If you are in the hunt for the top wedding venues in Connecticut, be sure to see who the wedding experts picked as the best wedding venues in the state .